Planning and preparation
Volunteers can expect a secure invite message from schools or colleges once they are matched in the system at any time during the academic year. When they are contacted, your employees might want to talk about:
- Length: how long you can be with the students
- What topics you can cover and how can you best use your expertise
- The equipment available (if relevant)
Before the session
- Arrange to arrive in good time before their session to give them the opportunity to speak to the teacher and set up the room if necessary
- If they are going to be late or cancel their appointment, let the contact teacher know as soon as possible.
- Ensure they know which member of staff will be with them during their visit.
- Tell the teacher if they need a car parking space.
Support for your volunteers
Visit our FAQs section for more details about the volunteering and registration process.
Other practical guidance
For more detailed guidance visit the Employers Guide or the Professional Bodies Guide for advice on how to get started and plan your work with schools and colleges as well as our Top Tips and Resources for Employers.