For prospective volunteers
Have you ever thought about becoming a school governor?
Want to make a difference and develop new skills? Each school governor and trustee really can help to make schools better. Why not volunteer today?
Governors/trustees are teams of skilled volunteers who set the vision and strategic direction for schools and colleges. They are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country and have a crucial part to play in raising school standards.
Why should I become a school governor?
- Make a positive impact on young people’s lives and contribute to the issues that you feel passionately about.
- Develop new skills which will support you in your own career, such as board-level leadership, strategic planning, financial planning and team-working skills, that are recognised and valued by employers.
- Schools and colleges need your skills and expertise to contribute to effective governance and to the success of their schools and pupils. Schools (particularly those in disadvantaged areas) are facing challenging circumstances and often struggle to find people with skills and experience in areas such as Finance, Human Resources, Law, and Marketing.
How do I express an interest?
Signing up is easy.
- Click ‘Sign-up’ and select ‘Volunteers register here’
- Follow the registration steps.
- Select ‘School Governor’ from the list of volunteering activities and list the skills and experience you can offer a school. Your profile will then appear in searches by schools and recruiting boards looking for volunteers in their area interested in becoming a governor.
If you have any questions or want to hear more, please email email@example.com or phone 020 7566 4880.
And for more information please visit www.inspiringgovernance.org
How do you express an interest?
Watch our How to sign up for Inspiring Governance YouTube clip