Labour Market Information
Unemployment Key Points, as at the end of October 2015:-
- 774 persons were registered as unemployed at the end of October 2015.
- This is an increase of 9 persons from the previous month (September 2015)
- However, when compared to the same time last year (October 2014) it is a decrease of 92 persons. It is the lowest October figure in four years.
- 199 persons signed on to the unemployment register during the month; whilst 190 left the register.
- 69% of the unemployed are male (531) and 31% are female (243).
- The unemployment rate remains at 1.7%; the rate is the proportion of economically active population registered as unemployed.
- 665 vacancies were notified to the Job Centre during the month.
- At the end of October 342 positions were still vacant at the Job Centre; of these 69% were full-time positions (237) and 31% part-time (105).
Click on the images below to read the whole report
Vision 2020 –
Mapping the Isle of Man’s economic future
Vision 2020 looks at the opportunities and development needs for economic success for the Island, and the strategies that underpin it.
Economic success requires effective joint effort by both the public and private sectors towards a common vision. During 2013 research was gathered by engaging leaders in both sectors over a period of 6 months and using a wide range of means. Vision 2020 analyses this data and builds upon the plans set out in the ‘Discover the Agenda for Change in Our Economy’ document which was published in March 2013.
This work has resulted therefore in growth plans for key wealth-creating sectors which are already being put into action. The report document is intended to summarise these plans to give a vision for the Isle of Man’s economy by 2020.
Vision2020 was launched on January 27th and will be followed with a series of events designed to help us work together to deliver this strategy. For details of these events, where there will be an opportunity to discuss sector specific implications please email us.
For more information, read the press release or download the presentation slides from the launch.
In addition, you can download the report here or view the e-book below.