If you teach Year 10 or are a head of Year 10 here are a few ideas to help you particularly if you have a careers focus to support option choices. Don’t forget the best events need around a 6 /8 weeks lead time if volunteers are to be invited successfully.
Our volunteers have specified what areas they are keen to help. Many have offered HR skills so why not invite them to help in the following ways:
- You can use the system to ask for work experience placements
- Work experience prep – you might consider a couple of volunteers coming into a special assembly to provide tips and hints of how to get the most out of work experience. The guides on our portal can also help with information.
- Workshops on employability skills
- Mock interviews
- Subject talks (how I use (name of subject) in my job
- CV workshops . include, in years 10 & 11 on ITF schools look for people with HR skills to do employability workshops, mock interviews are popular with year 9s and so on.
- Apprentice talks