We’ve partnered with WorldSkills UK to help raise the profile of technical education and apprenticeships for the next generation. Together we’re inviting Skills Champions to share their experiences of these pathways and inspire young people to consider one for themselves.
Why we need your help
From creatives and engineers to healthcare and science specialists – we need volunteers representing a diversity of sectors to help us spark excitement among young people about the roles and opportunities that technical and vocational career paths can help them achieve.
With your help, we can:
- Ensure young people are aware of the range of career pathways they can take to help them reach their goals
- Showcase the range of exciting and essential jobs young people can access through technical education and apprenticeships
- Support diversity of upcoming talent in your sector and take action to address skills needs
Who are WorldSkills UK?
WorldSkills UK is a four nations partnership between education, industry and UK governments, working to help the UK become a ‘skills economy’ and acting as a catalyst for:
- Raising standards, through international benchmarking and professional development
- Championing future skills, through analysis of rapidly changing economic demand
- Empowering young people, from all backgrounds, through competitions-based training and careers advocacy
WorldSkills UK careers advocacy inspires young people from all backgrounds to choose technical education and apprenticeships as prestigious routes, particularly focusing on priority skills and future skills, including STEM. They work with industry, employers and their role model competition alumni, known as Skills Champions, to provide technical and vocational education and training, apprenticeships careers education and information in a range of key sectors.
“We are delighted to be working with Inspiring the Future to deliver informative and engaging careers advice to young people across the UK.
“Showcasing the successful career journeys of apprentices, many of whom have competed in WorldSkills UK Competitions, will enable us to inspire more young people, from all backgrounds, to see that an apprenticeship or technical education is a first-class route to success in work and life.”Daisy Seepersad, Careers Development Manager, WorldSkills UK
Sign up to volunteer today and inspire young people to consider a technical or vocational pathway to their dream role.