As a PiXL partner, Inspiring the Future is here to support you in your work to make a difference to young people. We’re a free service connecting schools and colleges with role models from the world of work who can talk to students about their career journeys, the importance of school subjects in their roles, and the range of opportunities young people can aspire to.
Following major disruption to education, we know that young people need motivation and reassurance about the future now more than ever. Our research shows that encounters with the world of work can lead to positive changes in students’ attitudes, improving the confidence they have in their abilities and motivating them in their learning. (1)
By signing up to Inspiring the Future, you can find volunteers to inspire your young people in-person or virtually, with activities from sector insight talks to mock interviews and speed networking. You can also search by subject to find role models who can connect the curriculum to the world of work, providing real-life examples of how they use their school learning.
You’ll have access to:
- Thousands of volunteers across different job levels and sectors
- Resources to help you plan
- Pre-recorded video resources to flexibly slot into lessons – topics include careers in the NHS, Inspiring Women, and entrepreneurship
- Interactive teacher training sessions
- Campaigns and special employer-led projects that take place throughout the year – including employer-hosted events and in-school workshops
- Bespoke support from the Inspiring the Future team to help you use the system and start planning your encounters. Get in touch to plan your encounter with us
Sign up now – it’s free and just takes a couple of minutes
PiXL (Partners in Excellence) is a large membership network comprising of thousands of schools, colleges and alternative education providers across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. They collaborate, share best practice and equip leaders so they can support their teams and, ultimately, provide everyone in schools with a better future and a brighter hope. Find out more at www.pixl.org.uk.