At Education and Employers, we are accountable for the ways in which we work and have a duty to keep ourselves and others safe. This is achieved by maintaining a respectful, caring and professional approach to those we come into contact with and by conducting ourselves in a way that demonstrates integrity, maturity and good judgement.
You can access the Education and Employers code of conduct here.
Below we’ve outlined what we expect from you in your role as an Inspiring the Future volunteer as well as what you can expect from us.
What we expect from you:
- To embody the Inspiring the Future values: inspiring, innovative, inclusive and integrity.
- Be a good role model with behaviour and an attitude that are in line with our values and ethos.
- To take the time to periodically review your profile to ensure that you are presenting up to date information to schools making sure your job role, title, location and contact information are correct.
- Be friendly, courteous and kind at all times and communicate with others in an open and respectful way.
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect in accordance with our Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Respect other people’s privacy and boundaries.
- To be respectful and honour your commitment if you’ve committed to participating in an activity.
- Respond to on-system invitations – even if it’s to decline the activity.
- When volunteering in a school, adhere to the school’s policies, procedures and rules.
- An understanding that we will ask you to give feedback on the school activities you’ve participated in.
- Where possible, spread the word about the programme and encourage your colleagues, friends and family to sign up to share their career story.
- Not act fraudulently or dishonestly or do anything that brings, or is likely to bring, Education and Employers into disrepute.
- All volunteers must comply with this code and Education and Employers policies and procedures including the Programme Terms & Conditions which can be found here. Breaches will be taken seriously and may result in removal from Inspiring the Future.
What to expect from us:
- We will embody the Inspiring the Future values: inspiring, innovative, inclusive and integrity.
- You will be a valued member of the Inspiring the Future community.
- We offer you a flexible volunteering opportunity where you can develop your skills and share your unique career story.
- An opportunity to connect with local schools and colleges via our online database.
- Regular training webinars which provide useful information on being an Inspiring the Future volunteer and maximise your impact.
- Regular volunteer newsletters which update you with news across the Education and Employers family and include updates from our volunteer community.
- A host of guidance and resources which provide hints and tips to support you through your volunteer experience.
- Ongoing support from the Inspiring the Future team – we are available by phone or email if you ever have any questions big, or small.
- Sharing with you our latest findings of our high-quality, robust research on education and employer engagement.
- We will listen to your feedback and suggestions on how we can improve the volunteer experience.
- We are committed to providing safe and supportive environments for everyone involved in our organisation – a place where people want to work, individuals want to engage, and organisations want to do work with us to give young people the inspiration, motivation, knowledge, skills and opportunities they need to help them achieve their potential.