Broaden horizons, raise aspirations and show children the relevance of learning.Get started
Secondary Schools and Colleges
Boost student attainment, motivation and future prospects by connecting with volunteers from the world of work.Get started
Make a difference to children and young people’s futures by sharing your career story and experience.Get involved
See how you can support your employees to volunteer with schools.Find out more
What we do
Upcoming training for teachers
Find out more about using Inspiring the Future and Primary Futures with our free live webinars.
Partner profile: NHS
Our partnership with the NHS champions inclusion and diversity, and helps young people explore jobs and pathways.
Inspiring the Future is open to all schools but we also provide targeted support through special projects.
Why it works
Meeting the volunteers has given me courage to know that I can make lots of things. I have also found out about lots more jobs.Tam, aged 9
Over 80% of secondary schools and 20% of primary schools are signed up to Inspiring The Future.
Key research findings
Encounters with people from the world of work:
- Broaden young peoples’ horizons and raise their aspirations
- Excite children about subjects, increasing motivation, confidence and attitude to learning
- Challenge gender and social stereotypes
- Improve academic attainment at GCSE
- Increase young people’s earning potential
- Reduce the likelihood of young people becoming NEET (not in education, employment or training)
interactions between workplace volunteers and children and young people